Japanese telecom gaint Softbank recorded a loss of $350 million for last nine months of 2016 in the fair value of the Company’s investments in India. The loss comes on top of a $555 million writedown on the value of Softbank’s India portfolio in the six-month period ending September 2016. “With reference to the current markdown, portfolio…
The number of telephone subscribers in India increased from 933 million at the end of March, 2014 to 935.81 million at the end of April, 2014, thereby showing a monthly growth of 0.30%.
The overall Tele-density in India increased from 75.23 at the end of March, 2014 to 75.38 at the end of April, 2014. This information is contained in the Telecom Subscription Data as on 30.4.2014 released by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI) on its official website www.trai.gov.in.
Some of the highlights of Telecom Subscription Data is as below:
· Mobile Number Portability requests increased from 117.01 million subscribers at the end of March, 2014 to 119.24 million at the end of April, 2014. In the month of April, 2014 alone 2.23 million requests have been made for MNP.
· Total wireless subscriber base increased from 904.51 million in March, 2014 to 907.44 million at the end of April, 2014, registering a monthly growth of 0.32%.
· Private operators hold 89.36% of the wireless subscriber market share where as BSNL and MTNL, the two PSU operators hold only 10.64% market share.
· Wireline subscriber base declined from 28.49 million at the end of March, 2014 to 28.36 Million at the end of April, 2014. Net reduction in wireline subscriber base was 0.12 million at the decline rate of 0.44%.
· Number of broadband subscribers increased from 60.87 Million at the end of Mar-14 to 61.74 million at the end of Apr-14 with monthly growth rate of 1.45%. (PIB)