Japanese telecom gaint Softbank recorded a loss of $350 million for last nine months of 2016 in the fair value of the Company’s investments in India. The loss comes on top of a $555 million writedown on the value of Softbank’s India portfolio in the six-month period ending September 2016. “With reference to the current markdown, portfolio…
Alcatel-Lucent and China Mobile on Thursday sign comprehensive frame agreement that includes IP networking and 4G TD-LTE technology paving way for future network functions virtualization and cloud-based services.
The one-year comprehensive frame agreement valued at up to Euro 750 million to provide technology will move the world’s largest mobile service provider to an all-IP ultra-broadband network paving the way for future network functions virtualization (NFV) and cloud-based services, said a release from Alcatel-Lucent.
The announcement coincides with a visit to France by Chinese president Xi Jinping to commemorate the 50th anniversary of French-Chinese diplomatic relations.
In 2013, China Mobile selected Alcatel-Lucent to provide its innovative lightRadio 4G TD-LTE overlay, Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and small cells technology to support the new 4G network.
- China Mobile is the world’s largest mobile operator and reaches more than 750 million subscribers across the country.
- Alcatel-Lucent has had a major presence in China for more than 30 years through Alcatel-Lucent Shanghai Bell.
- Agreement makes Alcatel-Lucent a key provider of technology ranging from IP networking to ultra-broadband access , including, but not limited to:
- Wireless ultra-broadband access technology, such as lightRadio 4G TD-LTE overlay and upgrades to existing networks in preparation for 4G TD-LTE deployment as well as the lighRadio Metro Radio Outdoor (MRO) Small Cells co-created by China Mobile and Alcatel-Lucent.
- IP Networking, such as Evolved Packet Core (EPC), IP routing technology and next generation optics transmission, such as OTN 100G technology.
- Fixed ultra-broadband access technology, such as GPON.
- Professional services.