Reliance Jio is gearing up for its full commercial launch of its services across the country and is all set to rattle India’s data market by offering 4G data at lowest rates in the world. “Mission of Reliance Jio is to take India from data shortage to data abundance. Jio makes India the highest quality, lowest…
Alcatel-Lucent has been named by China Telecom as one of its top three suppliers for the rollout of mobile ultra-broadband services across China as the operator introduces new technology to enhance performance as increasing numbers of consumers seek the extra speed, capacity and efficiency of LTE.
China Telecom – which currently has approximately 186 million mobile subscribers – is preparing to expand LTE services in both new and existing regions of China, following the award of full FDD-LTE licences by the Chinese Government, an expansion that will address exploding demand for high-performance data and video content.
Alcatel-Lucent has been selected by China Telecom to be one of its top three network suppliers, and will roll out its LTE mobile ultra-broadband access technology in 40 cities across 12 provinces, including Shanghai, Jiangsu, Shandong, Zhejiang, Hunan, Hubei, Guangxi, Fujian, Jiangxi, Shaanxi, Inner Mongolia and Liaoning. This agreement follows an initial trial deployment contract awarded inDecember 2013.
- Under the contract supporting China Telecom’s FDD-LTE network expansion, Alcatel-Lucent will supply its 9926 eNodeB radio access network (RAN) portfolio and services during the first half of 2015.
- The network will cover 40 cities in 12 provinces, including Shanghai and Suzhou, cities with the highest GDP in China.
- Alcatel-Lucent’s 9926 eNodeB technology comprises a digital baseband unit and radio frequency platform that allow operators to better utilize their spectrum and smoothly manage coverage and capacity increases. Deployments are simplified and operators are equipped with new flexibilities that help them adapt to changing market demands more quickly.
- The deployment will help China Telecom extend LTE service coverage and capacity, and follows an initial trial contract award announced in December 2013.
- As specialist in ultra-broadband access technology, Alcatel-Lucent is enabling customers like China Telecom get LTE services to market quickly, and with an LTE network that meets subscriber demand for high-speed, high-performance data and video delivery.
- Alcatel-Lucent has established a strong global leadership position in 4G LTE, with more than 75 customer deployments in 40 countries to date.